
I have an obsession with cheese, although a favorite cheese would be impossible to choose I would definitely say goat cheese is on the top tier, its creamy rich goodness makes anything you pair it with amazing with a side of fancy. So I thought I'd share some ways I like to jazz it up (not that it really needs it).

Whipped Goat Cheese:
- 16 oz. goat cheese log
- 2 Tbs. cream cheese
Method:
- Dust off your food processor, combine all your ingredients and WHIP IT GOOD! You're going to want to keep the processor on until it becomes a creamy almost liquid consistency. It could take anywhere from 5- 10 min. depending on how awesome your food processor is.
That's it! you're done, it honestly doesn't need anything else at this point. You can leave it at that and people will be eating it up with a spoon! Obviously I don't stop there though....
Here's where the fun starts!

The add-in's are basically endless, but here are a few:
Veggie Goat Spread:
- 1 celery stalk - finely diced
- 1 carrot - finely diced
- 1/2 yellow squash - finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper - finely diced
Method:
- In a medium pan over med. heat, melt 1 tbs. butter and saute all the ingredients until softened and fragrant about 3- 5 min.
- Let cool and combine with whipped goat.


Herbed Goat Cheese:
- 2 scallions - minced
- 2 Tbs. dill - finely minced
Method:
- Combine together with whipped goat.

It really makes a tasty appetizer that impresses on short notice, serve it alongside some crackers, sliced tomatoes, salami, smoked salmon, jam really almost whatever you have on hand will work.

I thought about sticking in my Whipped Goat Ranch dressing here, but I think I'll save that for a later day.
No comments:
Post a Comment